Sunday, January 18, 2015

Surround Yourself With The Things You Love

Sometimes, it's hard to be your best self when you are surrounded by grey walls and grey carpet. I saw a pin on Pinterest about transforming your work space. I had spent about 6 years staring at the same grey cubicle walls. I, of course, customized my space with pictures and fun things like bobble heads and musical posters. However, it didn't really feel like it was what I loved. I spend 9-10 hours a day there, so I really wanted to make it more "me." I probably spent a good 5 lunch hours making it "pretty," but it was worth it in the end.

Here are my before pictures. SO BLAH!

 Grey Walls!
 Too cluttered!
 Gross floors!
Plain White Cabinets!

As you can see, I have some personalization, but it was a mess and it didn't make me feel good being there. After I saw a post on Pinterest about covering your walls, I was determined to update my cubical, too! So, here are my after pictures! It's quite lovely now!

 COLOR!!! The walls are Bath Curtains. I covered the holes at the top with White Satin Ribbon!
 Got a great Kleenex Box cover on clearance for uniformity!
Added a few small vases with fake flowers propped up on post-it notes. A fun frame for my pictures, instead of tacked to the wall with a pin. I added a canvas picture to the wall with Velcro! I got a fun case for my pens, scissors and other post-its!
My favorite thing, which may be too much for some people, is my file cabinets! I bought Contact Paper from the Dollar Tree and measured it and voila! Easily removable and makes it look GREAT!
 I found a great "J" container that I put my candy in and it matches! Got it at Gordman's!
 Check out my new rug to brighten up the space. I got a nice Pashmina to throw over my chair!

That's it! My remodel of my cubical. I found everything on clearance or with coupons, so it ended up being under $50. I figure, $50 to make me happier in a space I spend hours and hours in is worth it! One word of recommendation if you are going to update your space: Make sure everything is approved by your local facilities and that you're not breaking any fire codes!!

I'd love to see any of your remodels of your drab office spaces! Please share if you try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment